Back (& better than ever!)

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

GREETINGS, FRIENDS!  After a rather long blogging hiatus (aka the entire month of January), I am so-called "back and better than ever" after what was a nice & relaxing month off and a relatively smooth start to the second semester.  A lot has happened since then...like back-to-back weekends traveling to polar opposite climates (and getting snowed in one weekend as a result), second semester starting, Inauguration festivities and other events in response, and of course, my annual habit of running.


More to come on the start of the semester & Inauguration festivities later (I promise, there's some good material there), but today I want to start a monthly segment as a means to track one of my new year's resolutions/personal goals for 2017.  And if the picture didn't give it away enough, the monthly segment will revolve around-yep, wait for it-running.  It is probably no secret right about now that I am in the more brutal/serious/rewarding (however you call it) part of my training plan right now for the Rock'N'Roll 1/2 Marathon next month here in DC.  I am also excited to share the good news that I am actually training for two races right now, one of which being the half marathon and the other being the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler which is also here in DC come April.  Both of these races are two of the best in DC, and I am so excited to run them in relatively cool weather (fingers crossed!) while at the same time keeping up my new year's resolution and personal goal.

So what is that goal you ask?  Well, as someone who is 100% motivated by goals (but really tbh who isn't?), I set a super vague goal at the beginning of 2017 to "run as much as possible," which I decided to interpret as "run more than I did in 2016."  Pretty good goal, right?  So, as of today, February 1 (but not including the mid-week long run that I finished 30 minutes ago), I have completed 91.6 miles of just plain old running.  When compared to January of 2016, that is a whopping 52.65 mile increase...which isn't necessarily a fair comparison considering I was getting back in shape after gallbladder surgery while at the same time attempting to catch up in my Disney Princess Half Marathon training.  Safe to say, I think that this goal is definitely something that will keep me motivated in the coming weeks as I continue to train for my races and maintain fitness over the summer.

Another running goal that I set at the beginning of the month was to "be in training as much as possible," whether it be for a race or trying to push myself in terms of distance/speed.  I have my eye on a couple of races in fall that would definitely be something I could work for, especially considering they are distances that I have not necessarily trained for...more details to come on that later.  As for now, it's time to enjoy what remains of my peppermint iced coffee and refueling breakfast before a thrilling day at the GW Library...new semester, new me, right?

Happy Wednesday, Happy Hump Day & Rabbit, Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS