Wednesday -> Weekend Recap

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

I love vacations.  The whole concept of escaping reality for a few days to kick back, relax and just live in the moment seems so foreign sometimes, especially in this ever-moving world.  In light of that, I also love the concept of coming home from vacation.  Still being in that mindset can make adjusting to the first day back at work difficult, but I have found that it can also make adjusting easier, as you go in to work more relaxed than you left (if only for a little while).  This past 4th of July weekend my family and I escaped for a few days to South Florida to visit some dear family friends who we have grown up with & traveled with through the years.  It was a fun weekend filled with boat outings, lots of delicious food, fireworks, swimming, shopping, Just Dance, family meals and more.  What words cannot describe ended up taking some pretty amazing photos.  Check it out:


We had a great time having a photo shoot playing with sparklers before going out to watch fireworks on the ocean.
The GREATEST ice cream shop in the world (IMO) was about 25 minutes from their house.  I had been there several times with my college friends, but it was so fun to take my family this time.  This was the Monster Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae, which was a massive chocolate chip cookie underneath 3 scoops of ice cream (chocolate, oreo & cookie dough), hot fudge, whipped cream, chocolate chips, a cherry & American flag.  Don't worry, I didn't eat this by myself, but we did finish it :)


Tell me this is not the most BEAUTIFUL watermelon you have ever seen.  And it was delicious, too!
I've never been a huge fan of donuts until this weekend.  Absolutely delicious.  Thanks, Dandee Donut Factory.
It was a fun but also productive weekend.  I started (and finished!) a new book and learned how to properly use the VSCO editing app for the iPhone, which is how I made some of the pictures above look better than I actually took them!  I had a wonderful time escaping reality with my family but it is also nice to be home after 2 5-hour car rides.  Now, it's back to the office & gym to get back into the swing of things as I know them before summer kicks into full gear and we're on our way to DC.

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS