Throwback Thursday: I Miss Being Abroad

Thursday, July 7, 2016

If you haven't been able to tell by my incessant reminders and memories here and there, last summer I had the incredible opportunity to study abroad in Europe.  It was bar none the single greatest trip that I have ever taken in my life, and up there as one of the top five decisions that I have made in my life.  It was an experience that I cannot put into words, but thank goodness I was able to document each day of it through my personal blog, "professional" student blog, and millions of photos that I put on Facebook and instagram daily almost every day.  So, you ask, why the sudden interest in wanting to talk about it all over again?  Well, as mentioned previously, all of my abroad posts from last summer have been coming up through Facebook's "On This Day" app.  It gives me a touch of fomo to see the photos and remember that it has been (what seems like) forever since I last left the country, but at the same time a sense of bliss in knowing that if when I go back some day in the future, it will still be there waiting for me.  While I was abroad I became significantly more confidence in my newfound independence, indulged in an array of foods I never thought I would try, and became familiar with museums, artworks and monuments that I had always dreamed of visiting.  I also did some fun stuff like climb the Arc de Triomphe, take a chocolate tasting tour in Brussels, visit Piazza di Spagna at sunset, visit monuments I studied in history class in high school, see a Flamenco show, and visit dear family friends in their home country (Netherlands).  The lessons that I learned with study abroad definitely stayed in my suitcase with me as I traveled back over the Atlantic, and it is a time in my life that I still treasure to this day.  I definitely miss it every day-except for the slight luggage fiasco on the way there-but thankfully I can relive it all through the photos that I took:













All this being said, if you're ever in Paris, Brussels, Rome, Florence, Madrid or Amsterdam and are looking for something to do, hit me up!  Taking a 3-country class really allowed me to experience the best of Western Europe, which is why I would recommend studying abroad to anyone.  A year ago today I was in Madrid...and my, where have those days gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS