On Weekends We Brunch

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Hi, my name is Hannah, and I am addicted to brunch.  Well, actually, not just brunch but all breakfast foods.  I love having something really good for my first meal every day and on the weekends, brunch is it.  This past semester my roommates and I decided to take a "Food Tour of Miami" by sampling different brunch restaurants on Saturday mornings.  Today my mom and I decided to keep the "food tour" concept going and (I) tried a new restaurant in a fun neighborhood in Jacksonville (I say "I" because she had been there before where it was my first time).  Maple Street Biscuit Company is southern food at its finest and a fun atmosphere where instead of calling your name when your food is ready they ask you a question that you have 30 seconds to answer.  Today's question was "what is your favorite song?" to which I replied with Taylor Swift's New Romantics (side note- awesome song with an awesome video).  It was entertaining hearing everyone's song choices while we ate our food.  I got The Farmer, which was a flaky biscuit with a piece of fried chicken, bacon, cheddar and apple butter.  My mom and I also shared a side of delicious sweet potato fries.


I'll spare the descriptions of my favorite brunch places at school for the Miami and Jacksonville References pages.  In the meantime, enjoy these pictures of delicious brunch foods that are some of my personal favorites:




Top Left: Waffle Sandwich from Town Kitchen & Bar; Top Right: Vanilla Berry Waffle from Threefold Cafe; Middle: Pillow Light Brioche French Toast from Morgan's Restaurant; Bottom Left: Nutella Stuffed French Toast from GreenStreet Cafe; Bottom Right: Two Egg Breakfast from Lulu in the Grove.

Have any good Jacksonville or DMV brunch suggestions?  Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS