Current Obsession: Coloring Books

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Okay, I'll admit it.  I've found a new favorite pastime.  One that not only allows me to indulge in my favorite Netflix show for hours but also allows me to pursue it anywhere at anytime of the day.  And if the title didn't give it away, I'm completely hooked on adult coloring books.


Adult coloring books come in an arrangement of different styles and designs.  I just got this one from Michaels and it's amazing; mostly mandalas and inspirational quotes with floral patterns but I've also seen ones based on cartoon characters from children's movies, animals, etc.  I like to do about 1-2 pages each day (I did both of the above yesterday) because it is quite therapeutic and relaxing.  There's just something so fun about having a blank design in front of you and getting to add color.  It's kind of like having a blank canvas only you don't have to do any of the drawings, which is quite nice when you have someone like me who has no artistic ability whatsoever.  It's also a huge stress reliever during finals week because it gets the creative juices flowing in your head and gives you the same sense of motivation, relief, sense of accomplishment, etc. that you need when studying for an exam or writing a tough paper.  This summer when I'm not working or spending time with my family my goal is to complete a few coloring books to hold me over before moving to DC in August.  Here are a few more that I'm looking to buy: Option 1, Option 2, & Option 3.

Have you tried any cool adult coloring books lately?  Comment below with your favorites and/or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS