Throwback Thursday

Thursday, May 26, 2016

It is hard to believe that four years ago this weekend, I graduated high school.  To say that a lot has happened since then might be one of the biggest understatements I ever make, for I (like to) think that I changed drastically over the course of that time.  I remember a lot of details about that day; waking up at 5:30am to do my hair and get dressed, sitting down to eat breakfast with my dad, him asking "is anything important happening today?", the light fog that kept the summer sun from making it too hot, hanging out with my friends in the school cafeteria before the ceremony, the whole class group photo, seeing my mom as I walked up to get my diploma, actually sitting in the shade with my friends, the big family lunch after the ceremony, the beautiful party my mom threw that night at our house...the memories go on and on.  And just for kicks, here is a little "throwback" of its own that I don't mind sharing.  It took me 4 years of college to get people to think I wasn't in high school, and now I (think that) finally look my actual age.



So why the sudden shift in talking about high school graduation vs. college?  Well, in just two short days, my "little" (air quotes because I am bigger in age but not height) brother will graduate from high school.  The same high school that I myself graduated from four years ago, and the first real graduation where I will be in the audience and not a part of the ceremony.  I would count sixth grade graduation, but hey, this one actually means something whereas sixth grade was just us "moving on" to the next school.  And hey, we both had them, but there's just something special about our high school and the way they do graduation that makes the experience meaningful.  More details to come on that, but for now, congratulations little brother.  I cannot wait to see you graduate this weekend and even more so, see where life will take you from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS