Inspirational Quotes: Be Thankful

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I stumbled upon an inspirational quote the other day (which I tend to do often) and it got me thinking.  I have had a quote book since the first summer I worked at my childhood sleepaway camp (circa 2011).  My mom sent it to me filled with quotes and lessons she had collected from her time as a counselor at camp and left it to me to expand.  I then spent the weeks, months and years that followed filling out the book, leaving little room to spare.  I filled it with quotes I found on the internet, on pinterest (shameless plug, follow my digital quote book here), thoughts I had on working at camp and little mementos here and there.  Since then, I ended up making a digital one pinned with different quotes I found on the internet which I go back to every now and then.


Anyways, back to the premise of the post.  I found the quote above the other day and knew I wanted to use it in a blog post.  And it just so happens that I knew exactly how I wanted to use it (which does not happen often, might I add).  Since I hadn't even thought I about it, I knew that I wanted to use this post as a thank you to the amazing advisors and mentors that I had throughout my 4 years of college.  From planning sorority events to being a friendly face on campus to giving the best advice to the endless supply of food (cue reese's cups, starbucks meetings, and giant bags of peanut butter m&m's), advisors go out of their way to make college a better experience for us students.  They don't often get the credit that they deserve, but it is because of them that we understand the meaning and purpose in all that we do and then become inspired to do the same (coming from a girl who won "most likely to be a Kappa advisor," this really hits home).  I, and others will agree with me that they feel this way too, know that I would be nowhere would it be for the advisors and faculty mentors who live out this quote on a daily basis.  THANK []_[] for all that you have done.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS