DM(Very Fun Weekend)

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I'm back from a few day blogging hiatus, during which I spent with my mom exploring my new city and completing the ever-so-important apartment search.  We had a wonderful time together and had the opportunity to see my family who lives there as well as a close friend of my mom's (post to come later).

Dress // Sunglasses // Bracelets
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was visiting GW's campus on Friday afternoon.  We took the metro to Foggy Bottom from the apartment we were looking at and walked through campus trying to find something for lunch.  We stopped at this cool looking restaurant on campus called Tonic at Quigley's Bar and Restaurant.  It had an interesting atmosphere; your typical college restaurant with signatures all over the walls and bookshelves where you could trade other visitors' books for your own.  I enjoyed a northern-style barbecue sandwich with a side of their famous tater tots, and it was delicious.  Sadly, we were so hungry that we ate immediately and quickly before stopping at the student center to visit the bookstore!  I cannot even begin to tell you how different the merchandise was than our bookstore at UM.  The bulk of the clothing was designed for seasons, with lots of long-sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, vests, etc. rather than tank tops and shorts.  In preparation for my first real winter, we got two sweatshirts and a long-sleeve shirt.  I am so excited to start wearing everything, even if it means having to wait a couple more months before the weather changes from blasting heat to some cooler temperatures.


My other favorite part of the weekend was getting to explore Georgetown on Saturday afternoon before heading home.  This gorgeous area of DC had a similar feel to me as that of New York's 5th Avenue or Paris' Champs-Elysses with (what felt like) thousands of people walking down the 2 main streets in and out of shops and restaurants with the traditional DC historic feel.  After shopping for a bit, we decided to rest and grab a snack, which then led us to a cute little park on a side street with 2 cupcakes from Sprinkles.  DC is known for having delicious cupcakes, and these 2 were among the best I have ever had (thanks Blake Lively for the recommendation).  We shared a Sprinkles cupcake (birthday cake with rainbow sprinkles and vanilla buttercream frosting) and a Black and White (Belgian dark chocolate cake with creamy vanilla frosting) one before doing a little more shopping and heading home.

In all, it was a wonderful weekend that made me all the more excited to move up to DC in a couple of months.  There is so much to do and see there that I know I made the right decision in choosing to go to school at GW.  If you have any recommendations of places to go or things to see, please feel free to comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS