What to Wear: July 4th

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

As a former APUSH (AP US History) student and future DC resident, I find myself feeling rather patriotic this time of year.  After all, my favorite holiday is just around the corner.  July 4th is special to me not just because it is America's birthday (& Happy 240th at that!), but because it is a reminder of the history and events that led to us becoming the great nation that we are today.  For eleven summers I spent July 4th at Camp Seafarer, complete with fireworks, a golf cart parade, fireball candies, footlong hotdogs, temporary tattoos, and a cheering competition & big bonfire at the boys' camp just down the road.  Two years ago I was at my internship in North Carolina and spent it with my roommate at a fair in a small town just outside of Charlotte; last year I was actually in Amsterdam with a family friend so I didn't have any real celebration (weird, huh, that they don't celebrate American holidays outside of America?).  This year is special because it is my first one in fourteen years that I will be celebrating with my family and close family friends.  I am SO excited.  No matter where/how you celebrate July 4th this year, one way to keep up the spirit is to dress festive.  I'll probably be spending most of the day in a bathing suit with my America headwrap on, but here are some fun ideas to get you shopping & excited:

Pineapple Tank // Heart Tank // Tube Socks // High-Tops // Flip-Flops // Charm Bracelet // Sunglasses // Slide-Ons // Printed Jean Shorts // Headwrap // Snapback
My goal this week is to find the perfect America-themed tank top to wear during the day, so I'm thinking about checking out Target or Old Navy.  Have any suggestions?  Comment them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS