Preserving Memories: The College T-Shirt Quilt (Part 2)

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

IT'S HERE!!!  My very first (& probably only) ever college/sorority t-shirt quilt arrived yesterday, and it is even more perfect than words can describe.  I could go on and on about how much I love it, but I'll leave the pictures here:


You can read more of the backstory here.  Once we shipped the t-shirts/tank tops off to Arizona (side note- we used a vendor called Sew Sorority), the waiting game began.  First, it took about a week to even get the shirts from Jacksonville to the other side of the country.  Once the shirts finally made it to Arizona, the designer sent me pictures of her progress (i.e. cutting the t-shirts, organizing them into a good layout, picking out the fabric), all of which took about a month.  Once she was finished, the quilt was back headed my way and as I write this, I am enjoying its warmth and cuteness under the A/C and a fan.  After all, I had to see for myself that it was functional.  By the way, have I mentioned yet that it is perfect?  The 4-layer quilt has 2 sides of t-shirts from school events, sorority events, and other involvements, and each layer is backed with batting material to keep it together and warm.  I know that it is going to add great character to my apartment bedroom next year in DC and will be a keepsake that I will have forever.

Major shoutout to Jeanette for being so easy to work with and responsive to all of my emails and questions; if you're looking for a great college quilt for an even better price, I highly recommend her services.  And just because her business is called Sew Sorority doesn't mean she only does sorority quilts; as long as you send the right amount of shirts needed for the type of quilt you want, she'll make it for you.  I've seen high school, college, and sports team t-shirt quilts, all of which preserve precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS