Inspirational Quotes: Follow Your Dreams

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I think that my new life mantra should go something like this: when all else fails, turn to Pinterest.  I will admit that after a few days of not posting I deal with a short bout of writer's block, especially if I have not done anything remotely exciting.  Thus, I turn to my Pinterest Quote Book board, find a quote that has some significant meaning to my feelings at the moment, revamp it with Canva and then interpret it into something meaningful.


It is no secret that graduate school is the second step in my process towards following my dreams, with college being the first.  Having just graduated and turned 22 sometimes it seems like life is literally passing me by.  Only recently I was talking with some family friends when the subject of college came up and I felt so old.  With one of them just starting college this month and another about to be a junior in high school, it hit me that not only am I done with four years but I am about to embark on three more that will help me create the path towards following my dreams.  Presently I am preparing to move to my new apartment, as clearly demonstrated by the amount of items in the guestroom that will be transported soon, and getting all of my things together as I shift from life in sunny Miami to a new culture with a new climate of which I do not know.  Visits here and there can only do so much; it takes time to adjust and really feel at home.  Then again, that is part of the "constructing" process.  Ultimately I am constructing the path towards my future right now, in the form of preparing to live on my own in a new city, taking classes in a subject that I have only had an academic interest in but never pursued before, and coming to terms with what happens next.  As scary as it sounds sometimes, I am excited at the same time.  Who knows what will make up the next three years?  That is for me to figure out and express here on my creative outlet to share.  Until then, it's time to keep constructing and keep dreaming - the future is coming fast and I hope that I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS