Brunch: American Freedom at Its Finest

Monday, September 12, 2016

The more time I spend creating a new life in DC, the more I come to realize how much of a perfect fit it is for me to be here: the city life is fabulous, I love walking everywhere, I love my neighborhood, and the workout culture is perfect.  So it shouldn't be a shock to anyone that I have found yet another trait of DC which fits in perfectly with my lifestyle, and that, my friends, is brunch.


We were all sitting around the brunch table last week when all of a sudden one of my friends looked back and said in the most serious tone "I think that brunch is American freedom at its finest."  Upon further explanation, I realized I couldn't agree more with the statement.  For one, brunch here in DC is arranged by a group of friends to meet up at a certain place at a certain time.  Not only that, but at that certain place and time, you get to spend time with your favorite people and drink delicious drinks and eat fabulous food.  And, one of the best parts about brunch I might add, there is zero judgment.  People show up to brunch after a workout at SoulCycle or run in Rock Creek Park, people show up dressed up to drink mimosas on the terrace, and people (well, women specifically) even have the option to show up without makeup on.  Can I get a heck yeah???  Brunch gives you the freedom to customize your own eating experience and enjoy a meal that you (most likely) didn't have to cook.  Not to mention, brunch also is efficient in that it covers your caloric needs for two meals, allowing you to enjoy either breakfast or lunch foods or both.  Needless to say it again, but I love brunch.  So far I have had brunch at three DC staples: Open City, Commissary and Founding Farmers.  Pics below are only from the latter of the three, but regardless, it isn't about the artsy brunch pic, it's the quality of the food and friends that makes a brunch special.  Especially if you had a really fun time the evening before.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS