American House

Sunday, October 16, 2016

One of the best things about living in DC?  Having friends here with connections...legitimately cool connections...legitimately cool connections that get you into super famous/historical/monumental places.  Yes, if the title itself didn't give it away, I have this wonderful friend who got us (aka me & all of our college friends) access onto a White House tour yesterday!


I have absolutely zero idea as to what/how many details of the tour I am even allowed to share, but thank goodness for a recent change that allowed us to take (dozens of) photos.  Unfortunately we didn't have any run-ins with famous people/politicians/"important people" but we had a great time exploring the different rooms and learning about the history of the building.  Everywhere you went had a different portrait that was bigger and better than the next, with each room having its own distinct "fun fact."  To think that just a short while ago you used to be able to just wait outside and be allowed in if you were dressed nicely was astounding.  Then again, that didn't stop the masses of people who also had tours yesterday at 10am.  Regardless, it was an incredible time and I had an absolute blast getting to share the experience with my friends.  While I get back to doing homework and studying for my last midterm before fall break, enjoy some of these pics from America's most famous house!

















Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS