FriYAY on Fall Break!

Friday, October 21, 2016


UGH Y'ALL I am SO happy that it is FriYAY already.  Last weekend was such an amazing one, between visiting the White House and setting a new 9-mile PR on my weekly long run, that it was harder than normal to get back into the swing of things with such good memories behind me.  To top it all off, I had an exam on Tuesday afternoon and was bombarded with schoolwork that kept me busy until yesterday.  But now I am FINALLY on Fall Break!  I am super excited because my mom is coming to visit me & I have never really had a "stay-cation" before- usually for breaks in college I would go somewhere with friends or head home, despite living in one of the most tourist-heavy cities in the country.  We are excited to explore some new museums as well as check out some of my favorite spots around the city.  It should definitely be a good time, and despite the fact that I really only have one day of class off (because technically it's Monday & Tuesday and I only have class Tuesday & Thursday), I am looking forward to some time not concentrated on schoolwork...even if I have a lab due Wednesday and an exam, a presentation and quiz the Thursday we get back to school.

With it being so close to Halloween and now that we're in the middle of fall, everything on my radar pretty much has to do with food and/or Halloween and/or fall things (shocker!)...so check it out check it out & enjoy...

Have I not professed my Harry Potter obsession enough already? Check out this drink recipe & this dessert recipe inspired by the best book & movie series out there.

I have a weird obsession with candy corn...for those of you who are skeptical, here's a different approach.

I cried when I saw this. NBD just all of my favorite things in one dessert.

I made a mug cookie this week :) here's a new approach at something different...cake!

Check out this map - did your favorite candy make the list

For those of you like me who waited until the last possible minute to figure out the perfect costume...here's your guide.

I'd never seen RHPS before...did you watch the Fox interpretation last night like I did?

On a scale of 1-10 how crazy would it be to do all 8 of these?

Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS