Take a Peek @ My Thanksgiving Week

Monday, November 28, 2016


Greetings!  And Happy Monday to all!  While I don't get back to classes until tomorrow, I am in the middle of an onslaught of homework and studying that I decided to put off until the last minute...and am not even sorry about :)  That aside, I have been reminiscing lately on what a wonderful week (and a half) it has been since my last "Peek @ My Week" post, so I thought I'd fill in those holes for you today.

Last Friday, I got lunch with a college friend at a cool Asian place in Chinatown called Daikaya.  I got a teriyaki chicken bowl that had some coconut seasoning and a fried egg mixed on - absolutely delicious.  That afternoon I padded around the apartment, finished a book that I was reading and just relaxed after spending much of the week before studying for a test.  Then that night, I met up with a friend from summer camp to go see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 100% recommend to anyone (and not just because I am a HP fanatic).  We basically joined the masses there, most of whom were either there to see FB or the Washington Capitals game at the Verizon Center next door.  We grabbed a late dinner and caught up at a nearby Cava before parting ways.



Saturday I ran on the treadmill and had some errands to run, which mostly consisted of getting my computer fixed at Apple and then treating myself to some new shoes at DSW.  Then the weirdest thing happened - within 45 minutes, the weather in Georgetown went from 72 degrees and sunny to 42 and dark & cloudy, so I hopped on a bus to go to my family's house for the rest of the afternoon.  I always enjoy spending time with my cousins and aunt & uncle, so we relaxed and watched some college football before I went with my aunt and middle cousin to go see my oldest cousin in her high school drama performance.

Sunday I don't think I left the apartment building because despite the weather looking beautiful, it was extremely windy and cold.  I spent the entirety of the day doing the bulk of my homework which was due Tuesday and then relaxing and indulging my love for Christmas movies with Love, Actually.  As a treat to myself for being so productive, I even ordered myself an ice cream sandwich - which turned out to be free - through UberEATS.


Monday was 100% devoted to preparing for Thanksgiving break!  I only went to campus to print out assignments and meet with a teacher before heading home to pack all of my stuff, which only took about an hour.  Afterwards I relaxed (yes, I was very tired hehe) and continued watching Love, Actually before going to bed early.  The next day I woke up early to exercise before having a full day of classes with the last one being cancelled.  As soon as I got home from class, I finished packing up my stuff and charing my electronics before metro-ing to the airport, which was more crowded than I had ever seen.  Luckily my flight left on time and I was able to sneak in a quick dinner at one of my favorite DC fast casual places, & Pizza, which just happened to be located in my terminal!


I spent all day Wednesday with my mom shopping at the outdoor mall and cooking for Thanksgiving dinner before turning in early so I could rest up for my half marathon, which was Thursday morning.  After the race, I showered and watched the recorded Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my parents before we finished the rest of the cooking for dinner.  As per usual, we made way too much food but had a great time eating and being together before watching the Cowboys-Redskins game.




Friday my legs were so exhausted from the race that we stayed home for most of the day, which I promptly used to watch the first half of the new Gilmore Girls season.  In desperate need of new running shoes, my mom and I went to the running store and both malls here in the late afternoon and successfully avoided the masses while still raking in on some good deals.  Saturday we took a visit to my favorite outdoor market here to support Small Business Saturday, as well as a Christmas-themed craft fair nearby.  I got the most delicious grilled cheese at one of the food trucks at the outdoor market, and we caved in on some sweet treats at both places.  That night we went to my favorite restaurant here for dinner before popping into the new Vineyard Vines here, where I got a staple winter piece.


Sunday was basically spent at home; I took a walk with my mom and did some relaxing & homework before turning in early again to catch my crack of dawn flight back to DC.  Today I plan to use for unpacking, grocery shopping and slowly easing myself into my usual fast-paced school week schedule before classes pick up tomorrow!  Hope y'all have a great week, & talk to ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS