First February FriYAY

Friday, February 3, 2017


Happy FriYAY, y'all!  Since this week began & I finally got back to blogging, I figured it was time for some updated graphics :)  I LOVE February; not because I am currently single and it's nearing Valentine's Day, but because I have always loved the color pink, I love all of the hearts & candies & flowers that are out in the stores right now, and it means I am one month closer to my half marathon (come on, you know you were expecting that)!  Special shoutout this week goes to my parents, who sent me a massive Valentine's Day care package filled to the brim with chocolates on chocolates and tons of holiday decorations to get me in the holiday spirit.  Now that I think about it-being single isn't all that bad on Valentine's Day, especially when you have a chocolate man to devour (yes, you read that right...pics to come later), but in reality because it is something positive to get through another winter month.  Sometimes I feel like December is a huge letdown because the Christmas music gets you all hyped up for cold weather and trees go up and you hope for snow but then it comes and goes, and all of a sudden it's just cold and drab with no uplifting music or spirit to get you through.  That, for me, is what Valentine's Day is for...that and the fact that DC gets most of its snow in February & March so fingers crossed that actually happens.  We've had some cold weather dips and flurries and the like, but nothing like the real hardcore SNOW I got to watch & play in while we spent some time up in North Carolina...all 9 inches of it.

As for me this weekend, I have my first big exam of the semester on Tuesday and a quiz Thursday, so this weekend will be primarily dedicated to my main priorities: studying, running, eating & sleeping.  Throw in a Super Bowl event of some kind & maybe some baking, but that's it for me.  In the meantime, check out a few things that popped up on my radar over the past few weeks...you could say I've had some time on my hands:

For anyone who needs some more push inspiration to run a half marathon, this will do the trick.

The movie trailer that has completely stolen my heart and that I have watched 500 times in 3 days.

A new DC restaurant that I'm for sure adding to my list.

Accurate article w/ an accurate title...considering I've been doing a lot more cooking lately.

Have your (Valentine's Day) cake & eat it, too...either with someone or by yourself #NoShame

A little bit of cuteness to get you through the last work day of the week.

Without fail, my new favorite Twitter account...you won't be pupset ;)

Hate candy hearts...love cookies & hearts...these will do the trick.

Probably spent a good hour laughing at this video...can you relate?

Found a new favorite website this week. It's life changing. You're welcome in advance.

My comic relief last weekend because there was no SNL.


Go Pats! Go Falcons! Go Commercials!  Whoever you're cheering for, I hope that they win - I say as I have zero stake in this game at all and will probably cut it off at halftime or spend the whole time eating/laughing at commercials/having my annual football season-only beer.

Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS