Inspirational Quotes: What's Now vs. What's Next

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I got my first inspirational/quote book when I was ten years old.  Boy, did my parents not see what would come of that.  They sent it to me in a care package during my second summer at camp and over the course of the twelve years I have owned it, it has definitely gone to great use.  The pages are all bent and discolored now because I took that book to camp with me every summer, each year of college, and now it is sitting on my bedside table with a stack of books ready to come with me to DC.  It's a cutesy little thing yet some parts of it still make me tear up.  While I could go on and on about how much I love this book, there is one quote in particular I wanted to share in regards to my current stage of life.


I thought of this quote yesterday when I did my first real grown-up move of 22 years old.  I legitimately sat down, opened Notes on my computer, and began formulating my 1-, 5-, and 10-year plans.  With it being only about a month until I start graduate school and really embarking on my future career, it seemed like the right time to do it.  I am extremely proud of myself for setting some realistic and achievable goals while at the same time challenging myself to pursue some new ones.  The prospects of growing up and becoming an adult are still slightly foreign to me as I am going directly to school without taking some time off in between, but I am thankful for inspirational books like this one that will help me pursue some of those goals and dreams.  The first step in any of these goals is recognizing the mountain ahead and I already look forward to taking the small steps and learning along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS