I'm (almost) FINALLY Moved In!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

It's been 3 days and I am almost all moved into my first city apartment!  Moving stories & interesting complications aside, everything went well and I am in the midst of final preparations for grad school to start next week.  Over the course of the next few posts (excluding FriYAY of course), I will be sharing pics of my new living space.  First up...the ever-so-important study space!


Having a good study space is one of the major keys to success when enrolled in a rigorous academic program.  The desk we found at TJMaxx and the chair at a store called At Home.  My favorite part is the wall dry-erase decal, which I got as a holiday present in high school from PBTeen.  It is great to be able to see everything in front of me when I am doing work and has an additional space for my to-do list.  The shadowbox I made this summer, which is topped by a cute decorative University of Miami plaque that I got for my freshman dorm.  The basket next to my desk holds throw blankets and matches the trash can on the other side.  I have been so used to living in furnished dorms and apartments over the past four years that it took some time to find the right pieces and furniture to make it feel homey.  What makes the space even better is that it took about 5 minutes to put together once I got here, and all of my school supplies are in the drawers ready to go.

I am excited to start using my desk as the center for my academic endeavors this year (cheesy/dorky, I know haha).  Have any design/decorating tips for me in this area?  Comment below & let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS