Wednesday Wanderlust

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I'm here.  I'm here in one of the biggest tourist cities in America.  I'm here living in one of the biggest tourist cities in America.  Scratch all of that.  I'm here, in Washington, DC, living in one of the biggest tourist cities in the world with so much to do in its tiny radius.  Case in point...see below.


Check out where I went tonight :))))) I got together with one of my girlfriends from college for some good, old-fashioned "friendshipping" as we call it.  She met me at my apartment around 6:30, where I gave her the grand tour of the place, and then we headed out.  What was going to be help with decorating turned into a quick walk from my apartment to the one and only White House, followed by dinner at one of the most popular restaurants in Foggy Bottom (also the neighborhood where I will start class next week!) called Founding Farmers.

 

Now normally I am not one to wait more than 30 minutes at a restaurant, but the restaurant was packed with people (on a Wednesday night, too) so we decided to enjoy drinks at the bar while we waited.  She sipped on a drink called Enrique the Farmer (left) while I enjoyed El Presidente (right - and so delicious btw) before we were called to our table.  Despite the restaurant being packed, the service was incredible.  Going off of her personal recommendations, I ordered the Fried Chicken and Waffles, which came with side orders of Macaroni & Cheese and Mint Watermelon.  Now, I have to be honest and say that I am not typically the person to order such a dish, but I must say this one did not disappoint!  The dish came with two small, wonderfully seasoned chicken breasts and a half Belgian waffle with a side of Maple Syrup, as well as my sides.  Everything was portioned properly, and I felt pleasantly full once I was done (I shared half the waffle and some of the Mac & Cheese with her to let up on the fullness sensation haha).  Once done, we headed back to our respective apartments, where I am pretty sure we both collapsed from walking so much after sitting down and/or not doing much moving lately.


It is so wonderful to not only finally be here in DC but also get to share my experience with such sweet friends who are already living here as well.  Last night was (I am sure) the beginning of an incredible experience filled with lots of new memories.  And total side note- as two "former" Florida girls, we are very much excited about the prospect of fall coming soon...so if you know of any apple picking and/or pumpkin farms in the nearby area, please let us know.  We may be grad students // young professionals, but we also know not to pass up a #basic activity when we see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS