Welcome to DC: The Week in Snapchats

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Holy heck I am overwhelmed.  But, in all honesty, it is more of one of those excitingly-overwhelming-exhausting feelings because so much has happened in such little time since I only got here last week.  Rather than cover every single detail (though my family would probably appreciate that), I thought it would be more fun to recap the week in Snapchats and classic twenty-something language:


1) College friends are bae.  I recapped earlier this week about how I got together with one of my dear friends from college after a summer of nearly no interaction with people my own age.  What was going to be help with decorating evolved into a brisk walk to the White House at sunset and happy hour and dinner at one of my new favorite restaurants (and a DC staple) called Founding Farmers.

2) I am finally a local.  Even though I am here without car (surprisingly no sad face), there are keys and cards galore to manage.  I have secured a metro card & account and have also found a way to keep my all of my apartment keys and cards handy.  And not to mention, I have an adorable keychain to keep everything together.

3) I am officially a GW grad student!  I had orientation yesterday and Thursday, which basically reinforced that I made the right decision.  I already feel comfortable with the other students in my program and have also already gotten to know a couple of the professors.  All of this was made official with my student ID card, with which I have access to everything on campus now.  Classes start Tuesday, and you could say I am ready to "raise high!"

4) I loooooove my apartment.  It's in a great neighborhood that's close to several grocery stores and restaurants, with easy access to public transportation.  I am also living with another graduate student at GW, who shares my love of DC, inspirational quotes, and Friends marathons.  We are using some of the weekend to finish decorating the place and finalizing the furniture that we need.

5) Long distance friends are also bae.  Huge shoutout to my two former roommates for sending me 5 glorious pounds of M&M's this week to create my own Pot of Gold (story of which to come later).  Even though we are all living in cities hundreds of miles away from each other, we still have dozens of memories to share from the past year and building excitement for a future reunion.  It almost makes being away from them bearable.

Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS