Day in the Life (Part 1 - School!)

Monday, October 3, 2016

Greetings!  Happy Monday!  I am sure you're thrilled that it is Monday; we sure are loving it here in DC, where we have a slight spike in temperature right now before it gets even cooler towards the end of the week.  I am also sure you're loving my fascination with the weather right now, considering I have never lived anywhere that got cooler than 75 degrees before November up until right now...we'll see how much I love the freezing cold winters come and last through March.  All of that aside, I realized that I haven't really given much detail about what I normally do during my days here in DC.  I know I shared that I am only in class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but the other days of the week can be just as busy (if not busier) than those!  I typically classify my days of the week into one of three categories: weekday work days (Monday & Wednesday), weekday school days (Tuesday & Thursday), and weekends.  With that, here's a glimpse into a typical weekday school day for me, with a notation that every fourth day of class (every other Thursday) we have 8am lab...I'll exclude that for now :)

6:45/7:00 - Wake Up; check email and messages.
7:05 - Pull green smoothie bag of the day out of the freezer to defrost.
7:10 - Get ready for class; do hair, makeup, make bed, etc.
7:35 - Make green smoothie in the magic bullet; usually spinach with 1-2 kinds of fruit.
7:45 - Drink green smoothie while checking the weather and getting dressed.
7:55 - Pack my (premade) lunch, fill up water bottle, check backpack.
8:00/8:15 - Walk to the metro, which is a ~5 minute walk from my apartment.
8:35/8:50 - Arrive at destination metro stop; begin the 5-block walk to class.
(if I get to class early, go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for coffee)
9:10 - Catch up with classmates outside first class of the day; walk into class around 9:20.
9:35 - Anatomy & Physiology w/ Dr. L.
11:10 - Acoustics w/ Dr. M.
12:45 - Linguistics w/ Dr. S.
2:00 - begin the walk from one end of campus to the other, ~7 blocks.
2:20 - Phonetic Transcription w/ Dr. A.
3:10 BREAK; hang out & have a snack or coffee with my classmates.
3:45 - Speech & Language Disorders w/ Dr. H.
5:00 - Say goodbye to classmates; begin 5-block walk to the metro.
5:45 - Arrive home & check mail.
6:30 - Exercise; typically I'll run about 3-5 miles on the treadmill.
7:30 - Shower & dinner while watching TV.
8:30 - STUDY TIME; usually I'll work at my desk or kitchen table.
9:30 - transition to the "study nook" in my room (a bunch of pillows in the corner of my room)
11:00 Bedtime!

And since you made it through this incredibly engaging post with little to no difficulty, I'm sure your Monday is off to a great start.  If not, no worries, because here are two perfect memes to get you through today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS