Have It All

Monday, October 31, 2016

It's no secret (or maybe it is and you haven't been able to tell) that I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  Between the start of the Panhellenic recruitment cycle, Homecoming starting this past weekend, school really kicking into high gear and a touch of uncertainty, I felt my "DC High" plateau a bit despite fall break being thrown in the middle of it all.  What I didn't realize until yesterday was how significant this weekend was in the midst of everything.


I am truly privileged to be living in the same city as some of my college friends.  While we weren't necessarily all part of the same "group" per se in undergrad, having the connection here enough has skyrocketed some new friendships.  I am what some would call an "extroverted introvert," meaning that by nature I am incredibly shy (shocker, I know) but can become much more fun & outgoing when I am with people I know/like/trust.  I have these people to thank for showing me that I really can have it all here in DC and for pulling me out of my funk.  What was going to be a Friday night alone turned into a sleepover with a Gilmore Girls marathon and Chinese food followed by a market and brunch and then led into a wild & memorable night in a hot new DC neighborhood with 1000s of other people celebrating Halloween.  Knowing myself, I probably would have been fine staying in and watching TV or doing homework, but I was (in essence) brought to life by these friends who pulled me out of my comfort zone and showed me what it's like to live a little.  Even though yesterday was spent running errands and doing homework and otherwise boring instances (despite a delicious morning brunch with my roommate!), I am so thankful for these friends and the memories that they have provided me.  And that, to me, couldn't be any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS